Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Melanie's Pregnant!

Mel called me this morning, at work, at 7:30 am. She had to tell me that she's pregnant and I'm so excited and happy for her. She's wanted to get pregnant again since shortly after Lauren was born, but it's been a little difficult. She had wanted to be pregnant before Sept'04, because Joe turned 40. He wanted her to be pregnant before he turned 40, and this will probably be their last child. He really didn't want to be so old when his kids are graduating from high school.

So Mel said that she's 2 weeks pregnant, even though the doctor said it's more like 4 weeks. And they told her that the due date is October 2nd, but she's hoping for a September birthday. That way she'll have a different stone for each child. Sept, Oct & Nov. She's going for some more blood work soon and she promised to keep me updated.

Her eldest daughter, Liliana, asked Mel if she could have Daniel's picture in her room, so it's now on her bureau. Mel asked why she wanted the picture and she said that since Jessica is her Godmother, she felt close to Daniel. That's so sweet! Maybe she has a bit of a crush? He is awfully handsome! Maybe I'll make some more copies of pictures for them to have. I had no idea it would make such an impact.

I do feel guilty that Melanie never got to meet him. She has involved me in her daughters' lives so much over the years, and I never gave her the opportunity to be even the slightest bit involved in Daniel's life. I don't know if it was because I felt I needed to protect everyone in my life, or if it really was just shame.
-->

<< Home