Brilliant Idea for BodyStep
I had an idea and I want to run it by Colleen if I see her tonight. What if I took the next few step classes without the step? That way I'm learning the moves, developing coordination and still getting a great cardio/aerobic exercise. Once I have the moves & coordination down pat, I can incorporate the step. I think that building up like that won't make me feel so damn discouraged! I really want to do this class, and I think that I can get a lot out of it, but it's like chewing gum and walking at the same time. Okay, I can do that, but you know what I mean!
The moves + the step is just too demanding for a complete newbie to the world of exercise! It's NOT a class for all fitness levels. I was searching around on the net for personal descriptions of the classes, and I saw that some gyms have beginner classes! So that you learn the moves, the basics, before going into the real thing. Stepping 101, Pump 101, etc. They are 25 minute classes that you take a couple times.
I've heard that BodyCombat is very intense, but in a different way. And I think having Kim as the instructor will be great. According to Dave O., the two are completely different in their approach and demands. Mrs. O. finds that the step class with Colleen is too much. I guess she's had step with another instructor, and she enjoyed it a lot more. Colleen is great, but I don't have her energy level ... at least not yet! ;)
I feel more encouraged in Kim's class than I do in Colleen's. That's my mental state, and no fault of her own. So I have to work on that!
The moves + the step is just too demanding for a complete newbie to the world of exercise! It's NOT a class for all fitness levels. I was searching around on the net for personal descriptions of the classes, and I saw that some gyms have beginner classes! So that you learn the moves, the basics, before going into the real thing. Stepping 101, Pump 101, etc. They are 25 minute classes that you take a couple times.
I've heard that BodyCombat is very intense, but in a different way. And I think having Kim as the instructor will be great. According to Dave O., the two are completely different in their approach and demands. Mrs. O. finds that the step class with Colleen is too much. I guess she's had step with another instructor, and she enjoyed it a lot more. Colleen is great, but I don't have her energy level ... at least not yet! ;)
I feel more encouraged in Kim's class than I do in Colleen's. That's my mental state, and no fault of her own. So I have to work on that!

<< Home