Saturday, February 19, 2005

Priceless Tysabri Information

Strk3's post 2/19/05:

Extra medical insurance in addition to employer provided.......$167/month.
Extra disability insurance in addition to employer policy.........$110/month.
Tysabri's wholesale price............................................. ....$1,867/month.

Living with a potentially debilitating and incurable disease, priceless.

I'm just somewhat shocked at the price. I know we were warned. But, when you see you're getting something injected into your arm whose price would make your mortgage payment jealous you kinda want to ask the world, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?" How can a civilized society (?) like the U.S. allow healthcare issues like this? What if I didn't have insurance or had a huge copay? I'd be resigned to just going without meds?

Just so people remember, in case a drug co or Big Brother is reading this post (yeah right), we put people on the freakin' moon. Some kid I used to play Atari's Pitfall with in 1978 is now using a similar "joystick" to manuever a dune buggy that travelled 900 million light years to free fall from a space shuttle through a hellish atmosphere and land without a scratch on the Martian landscape to take pictures of water molecules and little green men we can download onto our earthen computers in 45 seconds, send to our friends via some complicated conglomeration of wires that lead to the mystical, all knowing internet but I can't get a freakin' dose of life altering medication that could help with the modern day black plague for 30 and 40 somethings without having to sell my spleen once a month!!!????????
-->

<< Home