Valentine's Day Gift for Chris
Fitness Concepts is running a Valentine's Day gift deal. A 3 month membership for $99. So I picked that up for Chris because I know he wants to work out, but he can't afford it right now. Maybe by the time the 3 months is over, he'll be able to continue the membership on his own.
Since Joyce was the one doing the paperwork, I mentioned that I had done BodyFlow 3 times and BodyStep once, and that Step was so difficult and discouraging. She said that she had a hard time in the beginning and it took her about 6 months to really master it. She instructs one of the Step classes, too. I asked her if I can try Step without the step until I get a hang of the moves, and then incorporate the step. She said of course! Matter of fact, there's one older lady in her class that has MS and doesn't use the step. So I whispered to her, "that's what I have". She didn't react or make a deal about it, which I'm very thankful that she didn't! But she encouraged me to try it without the step, because it's a really great workout, even without the height added.
But instead of taking BodyStep on Thursday night, I'm going to try BodyCombat on Friday night. I know that if I took Step, I'll be wasted for Combat. So I'm saving myself. I might go to the gym anyway just to hit the treadmill. But not overtax myself!
Then I'll decide whether I want to continue with Step or Combat. Maybe both at some point! I guess the more exercise you do, the better your endurance and stamina gets.
Since Joyce was the one doing the paperwork, I mentioned that I had done BodyFlow 3 times and BodyStep once, and that Step was so difficult and discouraging. She said that she had a hard time in the beginning and it took her about 6 months to really master it. She instructs one of the Step classes, too. I asked her if I can try Step without the step until I get a hang of the moves, and then incorporate the step. She said of course! Matter of fact, there's one older lady in her class that has MS and doesn't use the step. So I whispered to her, "that's what I have". She didn't react or make a deal about it, which I'm very thankful that she didn't! But she encouraged me to try it without the step, because it's a really great workout, even without the height added.
But instead of taking BodyStep on Thursday night, I'm going to try BodyCombat on Friday night. I know that if I took Step, I'll be wasted for Combat. So I'm saving myself. I might go to the gym anyway just to hit the treadmill. But not overtax myself!
Then I'll decide whether I want to continue with Step or Combat. Maybe both at some point! I guess the more exercise you do, the better your endurance and stamina gets.

<< Home