Breaks are Appearing Excessive
(I posted this on MSWorld, but I should also "document" it here, since it is technically an MS Journal)
I have started to get some flack about taking "too many breaks" at work. I am a Security Officer who works the Receptionist post. All S/Os need to be relieved from their post for breaks. So each time I need the bathroom, I need to have another S/O come over to my lobby and take over the desk.
Yes, I pee a little more often than "normal" people, but not excessively. I have had days that are excessive (20+ times for the whole day), but they are few & far between. My issue is more about urgency - I can't hold it for a very long time. Once I feel the need to pee, I really need to get to the bathroom within 15 minutes. I have had a couple small accidents - little squirts - nothing that a regular pantyliner can't handle. But I don't want this to turn into a major problem - especially at work!
Sure, we're supposed to only have 3 breaks. AM, Lunch & PM. I need 2 in the morning, lunch and then 2 in the afternoon. I work 9 1/2 hours, so how could 5 bathroom breaks be considered excessive? I need to AND I try to go 5 times so that I can avoid that urgency factor.
This is not a discrimination issue, because the people who are giving me flack DO NOT know that I have MS. There are reasons for that, because they would be discriminatory! But the people who aren't complaining know, and they don't care how many times I need a break - MS or not, they don't care. This is virtually a 9 1/2 hour break for me anyway! It's not like I have actual work to do - I sign people in, I call people up.
It's just really ticking me off. I am at the point that I should just ask my neuro for a stupid doctor's note. Please let Jessica pee whenever she needs to.
I have started to get some flack about taking "too many breaks" at work. I am a Security Officer who works the Receptionist post. All S/Os need to be relieved from their post for breaks. So each time I need the bathroom, I need to have another S/O come over to my lobby and take over the desk.
Yes, I pee a little more often than "normal" people, but not excessively. I have had days that are excessive (20+ times for the whole day), but they are few & far between. My issue is more about urgency - I can't hold it for a very long time. Once I feel the need to pee, I really need to get to the bathroom within 15 minutes. I have had a couple small accidents - little squirts - nothing that a regular pantyliner can't handle. But I don't want this to turn into a major problem - especially at work!
Sure, we're supposed to only have 3 breaks. AM, Lunch & PM. I need 2 in the morning, lunch and then 2 in the afternoon. I work 9 1/2 hours, so how could 5 bathroom breaks be considered excessive? I need to AND I try to go 5 times so that I can avoid that urgency factor.
This is not a discrimination issue, because the people who are giving me flack DO NOT know that I have MS. There are reasons for that, because they would be discriminatory! But the people who aren't complaining know, and they don't care how many times I need a break - MS or not, they don't care. This is virtually a 9 1/2 hour break for me anyway! It's not like I have actual work to do - I sign people in, I call people up.
It's just really ticking me off. I am at the point that I should just ask my neuro for a stupid doctor's note. Please let Jessica pee whenever she needs to.

<< Home