My Boss' Help with Raising Money
My boss did a very kind thing! He forwarded my request (my personal request, to him) to his boss, who forwarded it to his boss! Pieces of the email:
From Dave: I received this message from Jessica. She works for us as a Receptionist and is also the Administrative Assistant for my area. She was diagnosed last year with MS and is doing very well. I made a personal pledge and thought you might find her activities worthy of a mention in the next newsletter. A company pledge would also be great. Thanks
From Bob: Ken, I am aware of many donation requests that come to our attention and choose not to pass them along to you as a means of siphoning out frivolous requests. This one however may meet our subjective standard. FYI, You have met Jessica when you and I visited this past September.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can you believe it? I am so thankful to have a boss like Dave. I would never have approached Apollo to make a pledge! But by the same token, this scares me. I know my direct boss doesn't have a problem with me and has always been more than supportive. But I haven't exactly "gone public". Many of my coworkers don't know. Only 2 people I work with know (besides Dave), because we're close.
I also talk daily to all of the supervisors in Dave's area, because I collect & enter their payroll. None of them know. I like(d) it that way. So, with the top brass knowing, and possibly ending up in our company newsletter, I have to prepare myself. I don't know what to expect, my imagination is going wild.
Dave - Area Manager of 12 accounts
*I report to him directly, and not the Site Supervisor - because I'm Dave's secretary! Oh, and the Site Supervisor doesn't know about me, either!
Bob - Vice President of Operations
Ken - President & Chief Operating Officer
From Dave: I received this message from Jessica. She works for us as a Receptionist and is also the Administrative Assistant for my area. She was diagnosed last year with MS and is doing very well. I made a personal pledge and thought you might find her activities worthy of a mention in the next newsletter. A company pledge would also be great. Thanks
From Bob: Ken, I am aware of many donation requests that come to our attention and choose not to pass them along to you as a means of siphoning out frivolous requests. This one however may meet our subjective standard. FYI, You have met Jessica when you and I visited this past September.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can you believe it? I am so thankful to have a boss like Dave. I would never have approached Apollo to make a pledge! But by the same token, this scares me. I know my direct boss doesn't have a problem with me and has always been more than supportive. But I haven't exactly "gone public". Many of my coworkers don't know. Only 2 people I work with know (besides Dave), because we're close.
I also talk daily to all of the supervisors in Dave's area, because I collect & enter their payroll. None of them know. I like(d) it that way. So, with the top brass knowing, and possibly ending up in our company newsletter, I have to prepare myself. I don't know what to expect, my imagination is going wild.
Dave - Area Manager of 12 accounts
*I report to him directly, and not the Site Supervisor - because I'm Dave's secretary! Oh, and the Site Supervisor doesn't know about me, either!
Bob - Vice President of Operations
Ken - President & Chief Operating Officer

<< Home