First Beaded Bracelet
Beading ain't easy ... when you have numb fingers, electrical tingles & intention tremors. But I've been getting better at it. I can string seed beads pretty fast now - I've developed a "technique". Sure, I fumble a lot, but I've learned to just let it go instead of getting pissed and worked up over it.
I finished my very first bracelet, but I'm not particularly happy with it. It's too chunky in the middle! It looks fine when there are only a couple strands together, but 7 strands all together is just too much. Chris suggested that I separate it and make 2 bracelets out of it. I did the strands in two sets so that I didn't have many clam shells on the same jump ring. 2 is really plenty! So I made 3 strings through 1 clam shell - that can be one separate bracelet - and 4 strings through 1 clam shell - that can be the other bracelet. I'll probably work on that tonight.
I couldn't figure out why the toggle wouldn't go together and it was driving me nuts. Chris looked at it, tried it, and saw that the jump ring that was connecting the toggle to the bracelet was too big for the toggle hole. That was the smallest jump that I had!! I tried using a split ring, but that was getting seriously distorted and I couldn't make it go back together flush. So I improvised! I took the jumps I had, snipped off some of the metal, pushed the ends together, and got a smaller ring!!! Brilliant! And it worked and fit through the toggle hole! I was so impressed with myself. (tooting my horn - beep beep!)
I'm going to have to get another disposable camera to take pictures of my pieces when they're finished and get them developed to CD. Since they come in 27 exposures, it'll take quite awhile until I get them developed!
I finished my very first bracelet, but I'm not particularly happy with it. It's too chunky in the middle! It looks fine when there are only a couple strands together, but 7 strands all together is just too much. Chris suggested that I separate it and make 2 bracelets out of it. I did the strands in two sets so that I didn't have many clam shells on the same jump ring. 2 is really plenty! So I made 3 strings through 1 clam shell - that can be one separate bracelet - and 4 strings through 1 clam shell - that can be the other bracelet. I'll probably work on that tonight.
I couldn't figure out why the toggle wouldn't go together and it was driving me nuts. Chris looked at it, tried it, and saw that the jump ring that was connecting the toggle to the bracelet was too big for the toggle hole. That was the smallest jump that I had!! I tried using a split ring, but that was getting seriously distorted and I couldn't make it go back together flush. So I improvised! I took the jumps I had, snipped off some of the metal, pushed the ends together, and got a smaller ring!!! Brilliant! And it worked and fit through the toggle hole! I was so impressed with myself. (tooting my horn - beep beep!)
I'm going to have to get another disposable camera to take pictures of my pieces when they're finished and get them developed to CD. Since they come in 27 exposures, it'll take quite awhile until I get them developed!

<< Home