My Garnet Bracelet
I've always wanted a piece of jewelry with garnets. They are Chris' birthstone.
Last night I made a very pretty & rather dainty looking garnet bracelet. I used 4mm and 6mm garnet rounds and just a couple 4mm silver rounds for a little accent. At least I think those are the sizes. They're on the small side, that's all I know. No chunkiness at all! That reminds me, I have to fix that first bracelet and make it less chunky.
I might even redo this garnet bracelet once I get the hang of crimping! The two that I did on this bracelet look very mangled. I smooshed the hell out of it because I couldn't crimp it correctly. My crimper has two notches. During the first step, I absolutely couldn't get the wires to separate. Maybe my crimper is too big for the crimp beads I bought? I'll have to look into that. And during the second step, instead of making the crimp bead rounded, it flattened it in the other direction. Smoosh, moosh, moosh. Hell, it was my first time, and it looked easier in the pictures!
eBay is too addicting! It's very easy to get carried away. Especially with those lampwork beads! Sometimes you can get a really good deal, and other times it gets out of hand. Luckily I haven't been trapped into any of those! One lady who sells lampwork has a lot of the same items, being sold at different times. So I really had to do my research, which I don't think many of the other bidders did. One item called Raspberry Ice (6 beads) had starting bids at $.01. I ended up winning one of them for $1.01 because only me and one other person bid on them. But one of the other Raspberry Ice bids got sold for just over $15.00! There were so many people bidding on it! So how did I end up paying so little, and they paid so much?! Greed, in a way?
Last night I made a very pretty & rather dainty looking garnet bracelet. I used 4mm and 6mm garnet rounds and just a couple 4mm silver rounds for a little accent. At least I think those are the sizes. They're on the small side, that's all I know. No chunkiness at all! That reminds me, I have to fix that first bracelet and make it less chunky.
I might even redo this garnet bracelet once I get the hang of crimping! The two that I did on this bracelet look very mangled. I smooshed the hell out of it because I couldn't crimp it correctly. My crimper has two notches. During the first step, I absolutely couldn't get the wires to separate. Maybe my crimper is too big for the crimp beads I bought? I'll have to look into that. And during the second step, instead of making the crimp bead rounded, it flattened it in the other direction. Smoosh, moosh, moosh. Hell, it was my first time, and it looked easier in the pictures!
eBay is too addicting! It's very easy to get carried away. Especially with those lampwork beads! Sometimes you can get a really good deal, and other times it gets out of hand. Luckily I haven't been trapped into any of those! One lady who sells lampwork has a lot of the same items, being sold at different times. So I really had to do my research, which I don't think many of the other bidders did. One item called Raspberry Ice (6 beads) had starting bids at $.01. I ended up winning one of them for $1.01 because only me and one other person bid on them. But one of the other Raspberry Ice bids got sold for just over $15.00! There were so many people bidding on it! So how did I end up paying so little, and they paid so much?! Greed, in a way?

<< Home