Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sin City!

We broke it up into two nights, so that I didn't over-do it. I got to nap before each "event"!

On Friday night, we went to the Outback. Very good, but they added a lot of their spice-mix to my Walla Halla Pasta. Hot Stuff!

Saturday night, we got together with Shane & Sarah and Mike & Kristen to see Sin City. I really liked it, in a very strange way. It was one very weird movie. But I really liked the look of the movie - black and white with bits of strong color here and there. It was very much like a comic book, but I've never read any of this series. It reminded me of a cross between an old movie, like Dragnet or something, and a superhero movie. I enjoyed it - but it's definitely not the sort of movie that I could recommend to everyone. I think my Dad would like it, but not everyone will. To each their own.

Examples... Sarah said that she wished she could have the last two hours of her life back. She asked Shane if she could leave after the first 5 minutes. She wants to write the director and demand her $9.00 back. Shane seemed to like it, but not very much. Kristen thought it was weird. Mike didn't know what to say. Chris said that it was too slow and that he wished that he had waited until it came out on cable - not even a rental. So I guess 1 out of 5 will like that movie! Oh well. I'd see it again, when it does come out on cable.

It was very bloody and there were some very brutal scenes - in a comic book sort of way. Heads cut off, knives slashing, guns. Oh, and some boobs and a few out-loud laughing parts, too! I guess the voice overs did draw it out, but I didn't mind at all.

I didn't notice people leaving, but the other 4 said that they saw several people get up and walk out. Chris said that he counted 12 people leaving, out of a fairly packed theatre.
-->

<< Home