Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tingley and Spacey

To loosen up and warm up, I did .62 miles on the treadmill before class.

BodyFlow was rough - either from being out of shape (not going since before Easter) or from not being fully recovered from this relapse. I was more unsteady than I was before. I also fell very hard onto my left knee while trying to move my leg forward out of the "downward dog" yoga position. Nice & purple!

I got some major tingles in my right arm, all the way to my fingertips. It got pretty intense for awhile, too. And I felt rather spacey during class and afterwards. Not dizzy, maybe a little lightheaded, but definitely spacey.

When I got home, I almost fell going up the stairs to my apartment building. I didn't realize my legs were heavier than I thought, and they didn't quite cooperate when I tried to put my foot up on the first step. So I had to back up and start over, holding the rail and going slow. Then I had to conquer going down some stairs to get to my apartment. Yup, one step at a time, slowly.

As soon as I got in, I laid down on the couch. Not to sleep, but to rest! I got home a couple hours ago, and my legs are feeling okay. Not 100%, but not too shabby. I've got a big headache, and I don't know if that's related to anything. But if it's still around by the time I go to bed, then I'll take a couple Advil with my Beta.

But I really love how centered I feel while doing yoga and tai chi. It's so restorative!
-->

<< Home