Friday, April 15, 2005

Why did I sign up?

I'm trying to think of a reason why I signed up to do a double tomorrow. I'm not feeling very good and just the thought of working 16 hours tomorrow is just making me more sad and angry. I hate MS.

My right arm has been bothering me all day, and it just seems to keep getting worse as the day goes on. I have that intense "whack your funnybone" feeling from my armpit to my fingertips. I really hate having tingles in the palm of my hand. My finger bones feel sore, too. What the hell! Why can't I just shake my arm & hand and make it go away? Other people can do it when their arm/hand falls asleep! But mine isn't ASLEEP. It's times like this that make me feel very frustrated.

I also found out that the MS Hug can feel like bruised ribs. So that may be what I've been experiencing for SEVERAL FRIGGEN YEARS NOW! Not constant, but I do get that feeling in my lower ribs and it lasts for days and days. All this time, I thought I must have hurt myself somehow, but I couldn't think of how. I never mentioned it to a doctor because I never thought it could be anything medical. I have no idea if it's really related to my MS or not, but it sure seems to look that way now! I have a regular appt with my neuro in May, and I'll be mentioning it.

All of this Bruised Ribs tangent was brought on by someone's post on MS World this morning. She was asking if the MS Hug felt like bruised ribs. I had always imagined that it would feel like a big hug, something very constricting, like a belt that is much too tight. Well, it seems like it CAN feel like bruised ribs. Funny timing on this, because for several hours last night, my lower ribs felt bruised again. I couldn't think of anything that I could have brought it on - the last time I exercised was on Tuesday - and I felt fine all day yesterday until about 10:00 p.m. I don't know how long it lasted. I went to bed around 12:30 a.m. and I still had it. But it was gone when I woke up in the morning. I really didn't give it much thought - until I saw that post today.

Only adding to the frustration that I'm feeling today.

Pissing and moaning!
-->

<< Home