Working on Mom's present
Mom's birthday is on Sunday. I went to a different bead store in Leominster called The Art of Beads to find some green seed beads, in different shades. I was really impressed with the store, and I like it better than the one in Ayer called The Bead Hive. The one in Leominster is so much more organized and cheaper, too!! Anyway, I picked up three different greens and a few other colors of seeds. I decided that I want to make her a multi-strand necklace with greens because she's a May baby and the birthstone is green.
I made two of the strands last night. So far, each strand is going to be slightly different, but I don't know by how much yet. No plan, just making it up as I go along. I hope she likes it, but I'm having doubts. Oh well. She said no presents anyway.
On Sunday, the both of us are driving to Northampton (YES, BECCA, NOHO!) to meet up with my brother. The three of us will be going out to eat at one of the Italian restaurants there for a birthday dinner. :) Yum!
Backtracking ... on Saturday, Chris and I are driving to Boston to go to an MSPathways sponsored seminar at the JFK Library & Museum. The topic is "Exploring the Boundries of MS" - learn how to better manage symptoms and find out about new products & services to help improve your quality of life. There are no real guest speakers, but they'll be a couple neuros and a couple BetaNurses there. They're providing a continental breakfast before the presentations and then lunch & access to the facility - for free! I've never been there, and I'm sure it's going to be pretty impressive.
On Saturday night, Chris and I are planning to go out for dinner & drinks with his sister and a guy that Chris is trying to hook her up with. She needs a man. No, she wants a husband. She's 23, and she's really wants to settle down, get married and start a family. The guy she was with since high school was very adament that he didn't want marriage or children, and she couldn't deal with that. She wanted more and he wasn't willing to give more. His loss, because Robin is gorgeous! Complete MOM material, too! To each their own.
So this should be an interesting and fun filled weekend. Tonight I'm going to go to BodyCombat for the first time in since the Friday before Easter. Shit, that makes it a whole month ago! Shit.
I made two of the strands last night. So far, each strand is going to be slightly different, but I don't know by how much yet. No plan, just making it up as I go along. I hope she likes it, but I'm having doubts. Oh well. She said no presents anyway.
On Sunday, the both of us are driving to Northampton (YES, BECCA, NOHO!) to meet up with my brother. The three of us will be going out to eat at one of the Italian restaurants there for a birthday dinner. :) Yum!
Backtracking ... on Saturday, Chris and I are driving to Boston to go to an MSPathways sponsored seminar at the JFK Library & Museum. The topic is "Exploring the Boundries of MS" - learn how to better manage symptoms and find out about new products & services to help improve your quality of life. There are no real guest speakers, but they'll be a couple neuros and a couple BetaNurses there. They're providing a continental breakfast before the presentations and then lunch & access to the facility - for free! I've never been there, and I'm sure it's going to be pretty impressive.
On Saturday night, Chris and I are planning to go out for dinner & drinks with his sister and a guy that Chris is trying to hook her up with. She needs a man. No, she wants a husband. She's 23, and she's really wants to settle down, get married and start a family. The guy she was with since high school was very adament that he didn't want marriage or children, and she couldn't deal with that. She wanted more and he wasn't willing to give more. His loss, because Robin is gorgeous! Complete MOM material, too! To each their own.
So this should be an interesting and fun filled weekend. Tonight I'm going to go to BodyCombat for the first time in since the Friday before Easter. Shit, that makes it a whole month ago! Shit.

<< Home