Admitting to more shit
Nothing to do with the depression stuff. Just MS stuff.
Since Saturday, I've had a lot of those major flails in my arms & legs. The flails that remind me of Tourette's. On Monday night, they started to make my entire upper body jerk. My head jerks to the left, my shoulders go up, I can feel it in my spine, and my arms (both) will throw themselves out and up. It's rather violent looking. It doesn't hurt ... except that it's been doing it so much that my muscle really aches in my right arm. It think that is from all of the muscle contractions.
I've had those Tourette-type Jerks before, but they were mild in comparison. They also only happened at night while I'm relaxing on the couch, or some other relaxing pastime. Never at work. I talked to my neuro last year about these jerks and he asked if I wanted something, but I told him that since it doesn't happen during the day, I can deal with it. It's not really affecting my life.
But it's been affecting my life now. I'm a friggen receptionist, and this is very embarrassing. If someone catches me, I try to play it off like I just got a cold chill. These jerks only last 1 to 2 seconds long. But they happen 5 to 10 times an hour. Usually it's mild in the morning and then gets more dramatic as the day goes on. Yesterday afternoon, I had had enough, so I called up my neuro's office to leave a message for him. He called me first thing this morning (8:30) to find out more about what's going on. He said it would be pointless for me to come in to see him today, because it's likely he wouldn't actually witness one of the jerks. But he wants me to start on a medicine right away "we need to deal with this right now". He called up my CVS for a prescription for Lorazepam, which he called a 'mild tranquilizer'. He asked how I would be able to get it right away, and I told him that I could have my boyfriend pick it up and bring it to me. That was at 8:45.
In the meantime (while Chris is at CVS waiting for it to be filled) I started to look up information about it online. I guess it's really an anti-anxiety drug (which I could really use anyway!) but it's commonly used in MS for spasms. It's a sedating med. Luckily, there are no contraindications with Prozac or with Celexa.
So I guess I'm going to assume that this is an exacerbation. A weird one, but one nonetheless.
My neuro told me to take it immediately and then one again tonight. 2 pills a day, throughout the weekend. I am to call him on Monday and tell him if it's helped, gotten worse, same, whatever.
Always something in the MonSter world.
I don't know if these symptoms are from stopping Prozac, but it's probably not helping things. I've had spasms like this before, just never as intense. It was really the whole spasm with my head/neck that bothered me the most. I knew that it just was not right, and I needed to tell the neuro about it. If it was just my arms & legs, I would have dealt with it without calling.
What's funny about the pills is that I don't feel sedated. I don't feel weak, either. I didn't know what to expect, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I've only had three minor jerks since I took the pill. But I can feel it in my arm - it's feels like it wants to jump, but it can't. Very strange stuff.
How did I get so lucky to get so many MonSter Attacks?
Since Saturday, I've had a lot of those major flails in my arms & legs. The flails that remind me of Tourette's. On Monday night, they started to make my entire upper body jerk. My head jerks to the left, my shoulders go up, I can feel it in my spine, and my arms (both) will throw themselves out and up. It's rather violent looking. It doesn't hurt ... except that it's been doing it so much that my muscle really aches in my right arm. It think that is from all of the muscle contractions.
I've had those Tourette-type Jerks before, but they were mild in comparison. They also only happened at night while I'm relaxing on the couch, or some other relaxing pastime. Never at work. I talked to my neuro last year about these jerks and he asked if I wanted something, but I told him that since it doesn't happen during the day, I can deal with it. It's not really affecting my life.
But it's been affecting my life now. I'm a friggen receptionist, and this is very embarrassing. If someone catches me, I try to play it off like I just got a cold chill. These jerks only last 1 to 2 seconds long. But they happen 5 to 10 times an hour. Usually it's mild in the morning and then gets more dramatic as the day goes on. Yesterday afternoon, I had had enough, so I called up my neuro's office to leave a message for him. He called me first thing this morning (8:30) to find out more about what's going on. He said it would be pointless for me to come in to see him today, because it's likely he wouldn't actually witness one of the jerks. But he wants me to start on a medicine right away "we need to deal with this right now". He called up my CVS for a prescription for Lorazepam, which he called a 'mild tranquilizer'. He asked how I would be able to get it right away, and I told him that I could have my boyfriend pick it up and bring it to me. That was at 8:45.
In the meantime (while Chris is at CVS waiting for it to be filled) I started to look up information about it online. I guess it's really an anti-anxiety drug (which I could really use anyway!) but it's commonly used in MS for spasms. It's a sedating med. Luckily, there are no contraindications with Prozac or with Celexa.
So I guess I'm going to assume that this is an exacerbation. A weird one, but one nonetheless.
My neuro told me to take it immediately and then one again tonight. 2 pills a day, throughout the weekend. I am to call him on Monday and tell him if it's helped, gotten worse, same, whatever.
Always something in the MonSter world.
I don't know if these symptoms are from stopping Prozac, but it's probably not helping things. I've had spasms like this before, just never as intense. It was really the whole spasm with my head/neck that bothered me the most. I knew that it just was not right, and I needed to tell the neuro about it. If it was just my arms & legs, I would have dealt with it without calling.
What's funny about the pills is that I don't feel sedated. I don't feel weak, either. I didn't know what to expect, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I've only had three minor jerks since I took the pill. But I can feel it in my arm - it's feels like it wants to jump, but it can't. Very strange stuff.
How did I get so lucky to get so many MonSter Attacks?

<< Home