Barrie Wins! Barrie Wins!
Engaged on Tuesday, May 17th.
Picked out an emerald cut aquamarine ring with three small diamonds on the sides on Wednesday, May 18th.
Picked up the ring on Saturday, May 21st. It needed to be resized. I guess I have fairly skinny fingers. Go figure.
I asked Chris (in the car, on the way home from fishing) if he'd like to 'get married' sometime soon. He said okay!
We had talked a bit about this stuff a few times, but no rushes or anything at all. We have been together for 7 years come September, and we've lived together since day one.
Chris wants to basically elope - WHICH IS WANT I'VE WANTED TO DO ALL ALONG - and he wants to fly to Vegas and get married there - then come back and tell everyone. We're only telling a few people that we're engaged. It'll all get out anyway. I don't care for real diamonds, so I wanted to find something that was more up my taste-alley. We went to the store with the intention of getting a garnet, because that's what Chris' birthstone is and that's the kind of ring I dreamed of having for an engagement ring.
But the aquamarines completely caught my eye. I had never really looked at them before, and I had always assumed by the name that they were a greenish blue color - your classic crayola aqua. But they're not! It's a beautiful watery clear light blue. It's kind of like a hint of delicate color. Gorgeous!
And I've been googling around for Vegas information. I don't want to do it in one of their cheesy chapels of love (once I saw the pictures of the insides!) and their gazebos are even worse. Vegas is supposed to be over the top, but these are ridiculous! Then I started looking for outdoor weddings and I came across Valley of Fire which looks amazing. Well, on one of the pages I was looking at, there were helicopter weddings - and Chris walked in the room. He said That's What I Want! Hey baby, you want it, you got it! Can you imagine! Flying over the strip at night while the minister marries you! Un-freaking believeable!
If all goes as we want it to, this will happen much sooner than you can imagine. But I'm going to try to keep the date a secret .... which I'm not good at. That's why I thought the Hangman thing would be fun, to drag it out a little!
On Friday night, I bought two books on Eloping and one book on all the things you can see and do in Vegas. Any kind of Topless Dance Revue is #1 on our list of things to see! I've always been fascinated with the specials they do on Bravo and other channels like that. Now I get to see it in real life! They'll be dancing boobs everywhere!
I'm so effing happy!
Picked out an emerald cut aquamarine ring with three small diamonds on the sides on Wednesday, May 18th.
Picked up the ring on Saturday, May 21st. It needed to be resized. I guess I have fairly skinny fingers. Go figure.
I asked Chris (in the car, on the way home from fishing) if he'd like to 'get married' sometime soon. He said okay!
We had talked a bit about this stuff a few times, but no rushes or anything at all. We have been together for 7 years come September, and we've lived together since day one.
Chris wants to basically elope - WHICH IS WANT I'VE WANTED TO DO ALL ALONG - and he wants to fly to Vegas and get married there - then come back and tell everyone. We're only telling a few people that we're engaged. It'll all get out anyway. I don't care for real diamonds, so I wanted to find something that was more up my taste-alley. We went to the store with the intention of getting a garnet, because that's what Chris' birthstone is and that's the kind of ring I dreamed of having for an engagement ring.
But the aquamarines completely caught my eye. I had never really looked at them before, and I had always assumed by the name that they were a greenish blue color - your classic crayola aqua. But they're not! It's a beautiful watery clear light blue. It's kind of like a hint of delicate color. Gorgeous!
And I've been googling around for Vegas information. I don't want to do it in one of their cheesy chapels of love (once I saw the pictures of the insides!) and their gazebos are even worse. Vegas is supposed to be over the top, but these are ridiculous! Then I started looking for outdoor weddings and I came across Valley of Fire which looks amazing. Well, on one of the pages I was looking at, there were helicopter weddings - and Chris walked in the room. He said That's What I Want! Hey baby, you want it, you got it! Can you imagine! Flying over the strip at night while the minister marries you! Un-freaking believeable!
If all goes as we want it to, this will happen much sooner than you can imagine. But I'm going to try to keep the date a secret .... which I'm not good at. That's why I thought the Hangman thing would be fun, to drag it out a little!
On Friday night, I bought two books on Eloping and one book on all the things you can see and do in Vegas. Any kind of Topless Dance Revue is #1 on our list of things to see! I've always been fascinated with the specials they do on Bravo and other channels like that. Now I get to see it in real life! They'll be dancing boobs everywhere!
I'm so effing happy!

<< Home