The Heat in Vegas
Last night, Chris was basically trying to talk me out of going to Vegas because of the heat. It's not that he doesn't want to go, but he's worried about me and the heat. Even his diabetes doesn't do so great in the heat. Sure, his sugars run lower, but he gets dehydrated a lot easier. So it makes it more difficult to control.
Chris knows what the heat does to me. My legs melt into a block of cement, my face is a tingly mess, and I'm fatigued beyond belief. I could sleep standing up. It's not fun.
Then I started to get very upset that I wasn't going to be able to do this Vegas Wedding because of the damn MonSter from Hell! Chris understood how upset I was getting. Not at him, just for pointing out what should have been obvious to me. What was I thinking. It's an average of 102 in Vegas, and the nights don't get much cooler.
Chris thought up something so perfect, and I really think it will work. Everything in Vegas (on the strip) is within walking distance - for a normal person. So, if we want to go to a hotel that is a few hotels down, we'll just stop at each hotel along the way. Cool off, sit & rest, throw some quarters in the slots, drink some soda/water and relax. Then, when we're good to go, we're off to the next hotel. Eventually - since time is on our side - we'll get to our destination!
I love that man!
Chris knows what the heat does to me. My legs melt into a block of cement, my face is a tingly mess, and I'm fatigued beyond belief. I could sleep standing up. It's not fun.
Then I started to get very upset that I wasn't going to be able to do this Vegas Wedding because of the damn MonSter from Hell! Chris understood how upset I was getting. Not at him, just for pointing out what should have been obvious to me. What was I thinking. It's an average of 102 in Vegas, and the nights don't get much cooler.
Chris thought up something so perfect, and I really think it will work. Everything in Vegas (on the strip) is within walking distance - for a normal person. So, if we want to go to a hotel that is a few hotels down, we'll just stop at each hotel along the way. Cool off, sit & rest, throw some quarters in the slots, drink some soda/water and relax. Then, when we're good to go, we're off to the next hotel. Eventually - since time is on our side - we'll get to our destination!
I love that man!

<< Home