Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Wild Life

Chris & I did a bunch of fishing (with no catches) yesterday afternoon/early evening. I don't fish - I watch/read/walk. I saw 5 cardinals, too. That's kind of a rarity around here.

Monday afternoon we went out fishing & hiking with his parents. We saw a few beavers, and Deb got some good pictures of them, at least one up close. Then we saw a red fox - THE Red Fox that my mother always visits. She feeds her by hand! Her house (the one I grew up in) is right down the street from Barre Falls Dam, which is a watershed and state park. So when I saw The Fox, I knew right away and I started calling to it. It was skittish but kept coming closer. Chris' father was freaking out - get away, get away. I kept saying, no, it's okay, it's friendly! Chris was weirded out, and Deb was trying to take pictures of it. We didn't have any food except for a bag of Tostitos in the car, so I took a handful of them and I sat on the grass. The fox was still skittish, but kept getting closer, knowing that I had something! Only once did it get close enough to put her teeth onto the chip, but then jumped back - and I still had the chip in my hand.

We needed longer food, like a hotdog or a sandwich!

So I just put a chip down about 9" - 12" inches in front of me while I was still sitting. She'd come over and pick it up and munch, munch, munch. She's so cute! Deb got some really great pictures of her, too! I gave Deb some money to get the rolls developed to CD for me - I didn't want prints, but she'll get the prints for herself. I can't wait to share them with everyone!
-->

<< Home