Ditropan XL
My hives are pretty much completely gone! Still a little bumpy in a few places like my arms, but I'm almost 100% again.
I did get a call from the doctor's office earlier today. They're switching me to Ditropan XL. The nurse said that it was too bad that I didn't live closer - and that I don't get out of work until 5:00, because I could go pick up a free sample bottle from them. Just like with the Detrol. But that's okay. The nurse is going to call it into the CVS that I use and I can go pick it up after work.
She said that it was very strange that I got hives from Detrol. She had never heard of it happening to any of their patients. Lucky me. But it is listed as a very rare allergic reaction. Same thing happened to me (but far worse) when I was taking Zyban to quit smoking several years ago. I broke out into the worse case of hives possible - I even had to go to the ER. Well, Chris forced me to go. Not only did I have hives on the outside, but my insides were affected, too! I was so swollen & puffy! They were concerned about my lungs so they gave me an inhaler to use for about a month.
Sucky thing with that experience was that it took 2 weeks for Zyban to get into my system - at exactly 2 weeks the hives came - and it took 2 weeks for it to get out of my system completely.
"Rare allergic reaction."
I did get a call from the doctor's office earlier today. They're switching me to Ditropan XL. The nurse said that it was too bad that I didn't live closer - and that I don't get out of work until 5:00, because I could go pick up a free sample bottle from them. Just like with the Detrol. But that's okay. The nurse is going to call it into the CVS that I use and I can go pick it up after work.
She said that it was very strange that I got hives from Detrol. She had never heard of it happening to any of their patients. Lucky me. But it is listed as a very rare allergic reaction. Same thing happened to me (but far worse) when I was taking Zyban to quit smoking several years ago. I broke out into the worse case of hives possible - I even had to go to the ER. Well, Chris forced me to go. Not only did I have hives on the outside, but my insides were affected, too! I was so swollen & puffy! They were concerned about my lungs so they gave me an inhaler to use for about a month.
Sucky thing with that experience was that it took 2 weeks for Zyban to get into my system - at exactly 2 weeks the hives came - and it took 2 weeks for it to get out of my system completely.
"Rare allergic reaction."

<< Home