Hot Hot Hot Weekend
We had extreme heat all weekend and it's continuing today.
We had originally planned on going to the Heifer Project Fair in Rutland over the weekend. I decided that it would just be too hot and Chris didn't really want to go there anyway. So what did we do instead? Chris and I went to the model air show at Gardner airport! But it really wasn't bad at all. I can't believe how well I tolerated the heat! I didn't get fatigued, numb, tingly or weak! Granted, I used a beach umbrella so that I wasn't in the sun directly. And I brought a lot of ice cold water! Chris and I were only going to stay for about an hour, figuring that the heat would be too much, but we ended up staying there for almost 7 hours! It was great! And I didn't even require a nap afterwards. I absolutely couldn't believe it and I'm so happy that I did so well.
Chris and I are officially on The List for a Quaker Parrot. So we're "expecting parronts"! The baby won't be ready to bring home until November, though. We're going to go through that terrific store called Feathers in Marlboro. Since Wednesday, Chris and I have been looking up everything and anything we can find on Quakers. We absolutely decided that they are the perfect bird for us, and everything that we're looking for. So yesterday, we drove back down to Marlboro and we put ourselves on the waiting list. They will be born in August and they are weaned after 10-12 weeks. We will be part of the process (you have to go down there at least 3x a week) - to bond and learn and train together. So that when it's ready to come home, it's not like bringing a stranger into your home - or the bird feeling uncomfortable around you! They really offer a wonderful service that I haven't seen at any other bird dealer/store. They are so compassionate and caring. And if they don't think that you'll be a good parront, they will not sell you a bird. They're awesome!
We had originally planned on going to the Heifer Project Fair in Rutland over the weekend. I decided that it would just be too hot and Chris didn't really want to go there anyway. So what did we do instead? Chris and I went to the model air show at Gardner airport! But it really wasn't bad at all. I can't believe how well I tolerated the heat! I didn't get fatigued, numb, tingly or weak! Granted, I used a beach umbrella so that I wasn't in the sun directly. And I brought a lot of ice cold water! Chris and I were only going to stay for about an hour, figuring that the heat would be too much, but we ended up staying there for almost 7 hours! It was great! And I didn't even require a nap afterwards. I absolutely couldn't believe it and I'm so happy that I did so well.
Chris and I are officially on The List for a Quaker Parrot. So we're "expecting parronts"! The baby won't be ready to bring home until November, though. We're going to go through that terrific store called Feathers in Marlboro. Since Wednesday, Chris and I have been looking up everything and anything we can find on Quakers. We absolutely decided that they are the perfect bird for us, and everything that we're looking for. So yesterday, we drove back down to Marlboro and we put ourselves on the waiting list. They will be born in August and they are weaned after 10-12 weeks. We will be part of the process (you have to go down there at least 3x a week) - to bond and learn and train together. So that when it's ready to come home, it's not like bringing a stranger into your home - or the bird feeling uncomfortable around you! They really offer a wonderful service that I haven't seen at any other bird dealer/store. They are so compassionate and caring. And if they don't think that you'll be a good parront, they will not sell you a bird. They're awesome!

<< Home