Thursday, July 07, 2005

The cage is steel, but my nerves are not

The cost is because we've decided to get the stainless steel. I have links to the manufacturer's website, but the store we will be getting it from has a deal on it - they are not separate purchases. It's the same cage, and the playtop comes with it - so it's a flat top that the playtop snaps into. It won't be the rounded top like in the picture. And the stand won't come with the playtop, only for the cage itself. They can be bought separately so that the playgym has it's own stand.

Stainless Steel Cage
Stainless Steel Playtop

I'm having a lot of anxiety about getting a bird this soon. Chris and I talked a lot about it last night. Nothing has been decided absolutely, but we're leaning towards waiting until the fall. There is so much to think about, remember, do, teach, reinforce, avoid. I feel so overwhelmed and I know I'm just doing that to myself. It really feels like I'm having a human baby - and all of the anxiety about being a parent that goes along with it. No wonder I gave my son up for adoption. I had no confidence in myself when I was 19, but I thought that was more my age, who I was with, and our monetary ability to raise a baby. We knew there was no way we could provide for him and give him the life that he deserved.

Now I'm feeling all of those feelings again but on a much greater scale, and the monetary part isn't even playing into it. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to overcome these feelings. I thought I had more confidence in myself. I really feel like I'm letting myself down - and Chris, and our bird.
-->

<< Home