Looks like a very bad idea!
I asked my friend to find out if her father (who has Parkinson's Disease) takes this particular medicine. This is the reply that she got from her mother:
Ropinerol is Requip which Dad has been on for years until the PD doctor took him off of it because he was getting hallucinations and sleeping all day. It does cause sleep and can cause the hallucinations in PD. It is a dopamine agonist. It has to be titrated up slowly. You start pretty slow then work up. I know nothing about RLS except Dad had it every so often which woke him up. Getting off the Requip helped a lot. He still has movement at night, but not the big ones.
So that's it - I've made up my mind - I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING. Her father went through hell and back! It was awful.
Ropinerol is Requip which Dad has been on for years until the PD doctor took him off of it because he was getting hallucinations and sleeping all day. It does cause sleep and can cause the hallucinations in PD. It is a dopamine agonist. It has to be titrated up slowly. You start pretty slow then work up. I know nothing about RLS except Dad had it every so often which woke him up. Getting off the Requip helped a lot. He still has movement at night, but not the big ones.
So that's it - I've made up my mind - I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING. Her father went through hell and back! It was awful.

<< Home