Sucky Symptom Weekend
Poopy.
On Friday night, my right arm got very numb, very sore and it was cramping - including my hand. I couldn't use it and it only wanted to be bent at the elbow/across my chest. I hate it when that happens. I look stupid walking around.
On Saturday my arm was all better, of course, but both of my legs decided it was their turn to get in on the game. Numb, weak walking, very sore and uncomfortable, and I didn't feel like I could bend my legs when I was walking. I hate it when that happens. It was exactly like last October, which was the exacerbation that drove me to start smoking again. As a rebellion against myself.
I went to bed on Saturday night begging my legs to be better in the morning. Please feel better, please feel better. Sunday morning - the alarms went off and I told Chris that I just didn't want to get out of bed. He asked me why not ... because I was worried that my legs would still feel shitty, and the only way that I would be able to tell is when I get up. So after a little moping in bed, I told myself "fuck it" and I got up. Not as weak as Saturday, but not terrific either. As the morning went along, my legs got worse and worse. Fun.
We went to my father's house for my step-grandmother's birthday. "Grandma Claire" is such a sweetheart and I love her very much. She has RA very bad and she understands a lot about the kind of things that I feel. She's a very strong woman and I really look up to her.
I started to pass out on their couch, I was so fatigued. On the drive back home (45 min), I adjusted my seat so that it laid flat and I crashed for the whole ride home. When we got home, Chris and I napped for about an hour and a half. Strangely, though, I was very awake for the rest of the night. Not wired, but not tired at all. I went to bed around 2 am! I actually felt like I could stay up all night with no problem. I'm damn lucky I heard the alarms this morning and I wasn't late for work.
I don't even feel tired this morning, after less than 4 hours of sleep. And my legs are a hell of a lot better. They're not fast/normal, but they are not dragging along. And I don't feel any soreness, which is a tremendous relief.
On Friday night, my right arm got very numb, very sore and it was cramping - including my hand. I couldn't use it and it only wanted to be bent at the elbow/across my chest. I hate it when that happens. I look stupid walking around.
On Saturday my arm was all better, of course, but both of my legs decided it was their turn to get in on the game. Numb, weak walking, very sore and uncomfortable, and I didn't feel like I could bend my legs when I was walking. I hate it when that happens. It was exactly like last October, which was the exacerbation that drove me to start smoking again. As a rebellion against myself.
I went to bed on Saturday night begging my legs to be better in the morning. Please feel better, please feel better. Sunday morning - the alarms went off and I told Chris that I just didn't want to get out of bed. He asked me why not ... because I was worried that my legs would still feel shitty, and the only way that I would be able to tell is when I get up. So after a little moping in bed, I told myself "fuck it" and I got up. Not as weak as Saturday, but not terrific either. As the morning went along, my legs got worse and worse. Fun.
We went to my father's house for my step-grandmother's birthday. "Grandma Claire" is such a sweetheart and I love her very much. She has RA very bad and she understands a lot about the kind of things that I feel. She's a very strong woman and I really look up to her.
I started to pass out on their couch, I was so fatigued. On the drive back home (45 min), I adjusted my seat so that it laid flat and I crashed for the whole ride home. When we got home, Chris and I napped for about an hour and a half. Strangely, though, I was very awake for the rest of the night. Not wired, but not tired at all. I went to bed around 2 am! I actually felt like I could stay up all night with no problem. I'm damn lucky I heard the alarms this morning and I wasn't late for work.
I don't even feel tired this morning, after less than 4 hours of sleep. And my legs are a hell of a lot better. They're not fast/normal, but they are not dragging along. And I don't feel any soreness, which is a tremendous relief.

<< Home