Saturday, July 02, 2005

War of the Worlds!!!

Chris and I went to the drive-ins last night. After I came home from work Chris called me and told me that both War of the Worlds and Mr. & Mrs. Smith were playing this weekend. I had told him that I really wanted to see War of the Worlds at the drive-in because it just seems like the right kind of movie for that! He's already burned both movies and he's watched Smith, but I hadn't. And I told him that I was not going to watch War of the Worlds burned if there was any possibility of it coming to the drive-in. I'm glad I waited! You really have to see the movie. Spielburg did an amazing job, and Cruise was really good, too. I personally really don't like Cruise right now as a person (asshole), but I set those feelings aside and enjoyed his acting. And the special effects were literally out of this world!

I'm not sure if the Smith movie was any good because I kept falling asleep. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. But of the pieces I saw, it was pretty good. I'd recommend waiting until that came out on tape/cable though. Amazingly, Angelina Jolie wasn't an absolute skank in the movie. I really can't stand her and I don't understand why people think she's "hot".

Speaking of burning and falling asleep, Chris also burned the new Batman movie. That's really good, but I have no idea what the last THREE-QUARTERS of the movie are. I fell asleep. I don't fall asleep in movie theaters, but both the couch and the car seat put me out. Too comfy, I guess!

Today we're going to Monadnock Speedway and it's going to be great. The weather is FINALLY perfect. There was lightning, thunder and rain at the drive-in last night (which was great for the War of the Worlds ambience - and this morning is sunny, in the 70's and there's no humidity! It's been hell for the past couple of weeks. I think the weather is supposed to like this, or to the mid-80's, for the whole weekend. Last night's storm got rid of the yucky air. : )
-->

<< Home