Friday, July 08, 2005

We're going to meet the babies tonight

Yup, I made up my mind and we're going to go visit the woman with the baby Quakers. If they look healthy and wonderful, then I will be giving her the $100 deposit. She said that the babies should be ready during the first week in August at the earliest. But birds wean & fledge at different rates. One Quaker may be eating on his own with the other guys are barely touching the pellets. They will be ready when THEY are ready to be on their own and no longer need hand-feeding. That reminds me, I have to buy a scale.

I told Gerry that I don't want to rush the bird, when he's good and ready, then I'm ready. I just wanted a basic time frame, not an actual date. She seems so nice and friendly. And you can hear the other birds in the background. This is at her house, not a store. I really like being able to see first hand what the babies' environment is. That can tell a lot!

I'm going to bring my camera along, but it'll be Gerry's decision on whether or not we can take a couple pictures. I'm so excited! And I'm trying to not let my nerves run amok! Happy, happy, happy thoughts! Everything will be fine! We will be great parronts!
-->

<< Home